Sunday, September 24, 2006

THIS IS A CALL TO ALL STAY AT HOME MOMS AND THOSE WHO LOVE THEM!

My friend Lara turned me onto The Amazing Race last season. I know, it's been running for 10 seasons and I finally got around to checking it out. My sister Robin also watches it. Last season I would TiVo the show and the kids and I would watch it sometime during the week. Tristan really got into it, I think not only because of the "race" element, but also because he's into geography.

All summer the kids have been asking when The Amazing Race would be back on TV. Yesterday morning the kids and I finally sat down to watch the season premiere. Bless her heart, Jolie was still rooting for "the hippies" and asking about "Ray and Yolanda" even though they're no longer on the show.

So here's what I've been thinking about ever since I watched it... I've convinced myself that a pair of stay at home moms could win the thing hands down. What other occupation could better prepare a person for a race around the world? The physical demands, the mental anquish, the sleep deprivation, the whining and demands of the other contestants... I've decided I want to hook up with another mom and test out my theory. The only problem is that I can't get as far as Albertson's without getting three phone calls asking when I'm going to be home, so I don't think I'll be travelling around the world anytime soon.

But hey, I'm a resourceful and persistent girl! I'M PUTTING A CALL OUT TO ANY AVAILABLE STAY AT HOME MOMS who would like to be my partner in The Amazing Race. Please, please, post a comment to this blog. Also, please indicate how you feel about eating frog eyes, carrying heavy concrete bricks, climbing stone walls, and whether you are proficient at reading maps.

More importantly, IF THERE ARE ANY AVAILABLE GRANDPARENTS, SISTERS, FRIENDS OR STRANGERS who would be willing to watch my three kids and feed my husband for several weeks, CALL ME, SEND ME A LETTER, EMAIL ME, POST A COMMENT... whatever is most convenient for you. I can't promise that they'll thank you for your tireless efforts or partake of your nutritious homecooked meals without complaint, but you'll be doing mankind and the scientific community (OK,and me) a great service.

COME ON, I'M WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog Michelle. This is better than a journal.

You are so funny. I would love to cheer you on in the amazing race. Do I want to show the world how poorly I handle pressure, NO. But if I thought that I had a place to stash my kids, I would enter in a heartbeat. I think the RACE would be a blast.
I have the new season show on my TIVO but haven't watched it yet. Ben leaves town on Tuesday so I will probably watch it then.
My dad and brothers tried to get me to enter the RACE with them during the family edition. I said NO WAY as they would be terrible partners.
I think you would be incredible. I know you're joking. But if you didn't have to take your three kids with you on the race, you would be a serious contender.

Anonymous said...

Hey, sounds like you just woke up from
a wonderful dream maybe tonight you can enjoy episode #2

Robin said...

Oh you know I'll jump on board! I've got all the same skills as you, and maybe with a little prep work we could learn the other ones.
BTW, did you know Kelly sent an audition tape in a few seasons ago?