Thursday, October 19, 2006

San Diego



We spent last weekend in San Diego with Nana and Papa. It was SO much fun. They had a lot of fun activities planned for us, including a tour of San Diego on the "Amphibeous Bus", riding the carousel in Seaport Village, a picnic at the grassy knoll, hanging out at the beach, a beach barbeque and bonfire with the Dog, Burger and S'mores families, a fun birthday party for me, watching the Blue Angels who were in town for an air show at Miramar Marine Station, and more time at the beach.

The weather wasn't very good by San Diego standards, but it was fine by us. We almost cancelled our beach plans on Friday but the kids insisted that "we promised" (gets ya every time), so we went ahead. Dan and I figured we'd go for a little while until the kids decided it was too cold. Tristan was waist-deep in the ocean within 10 minutes of us arriving. It was raining pretty hard when we first got there but it eventually cleared up and it turned out to be a beautiful day.

The other highlight of our trip was the airplane. We've done enough road trips lately that we appreciated the shorter travel time. Jolie was stoked to fly because she doesn't remember ever being on a plane, very strange since she's flown probably 10 times. Gavin loves everything about transportation (planes, trains, construction equipment, etc.) so the whole experience was right up his alley. Tristan was really helpful and more importantly, he helped carry stuff! It was the first time I've been through airport security with my ICD, so I was a little nervous about that. It would have been difficult to travel alone with the kids since I have to be taken to a separate area to receive a pleasant full-body pat-down whereas the kids and all our stuff have to go through the X-ray equipment.

I'm posting a few of the 300-and-something photos I took over the course of four days. Geez... what's wrong with me? Truth is, we did so many fun things that I couldn't put my camera down!







No comments: