Sunday, February 04, 2007

Buttercup


We had a little Super Bowl party here tonight. Tristan has been getting more interested in sports and a few days ago he asked if we could have a party. Like a good mommy I obliged. In truth, I'm always looking for a reason to have a party, even if I have no interest in football.

I picked up a deli tray of meats and cheeses last night and made rolls and brownies this morning. After looking at all the food and realizing our party would be much more fun with them, I called mom and Dad and invited them to come over. We watched the game for a while and then mom and I took Jolie and Gavin into the living room so the males could be more attentive to the game.

As you can see, tonight Jolie finally got the sister she's always wanted. She took Gavin upstairs and put him in one of her old dresses and put barettes in his hair. We ended up having a dance competition with the two of them ("Kathleen" and "Buttercup") in the living room.

Oh... anyone who knows us well is probably wondering about Dan's reaction to the dress. Do I really need to say?



1 comment:

Robin said...

What a pretty little girl! You know it's not the first male Cox to be dressed up like a girl though! (Don't you remember when I babysat Tristan and broke out the doll clothes)