
I took some words
from my heart today
letting the ink fill out
the letters on my card.
Six simple words appeared,
I love you.
I miss you.
I wondered whether to speak
of laughter or of tears,
to speak of hopes or of dreams,
and came to this.
I love you.
I miss you.
And now I send them skyward
attached to a balloon,
lifting effortlessly
to meet the clouds,
and I think of you.
I love you.
I miss you.
Happy Birthday, Joleen!

3 comments:
I'm glad you got together to "celebrate". I thought of Joleen while on our journey home.
I need to post my pictures.
I have thought of this poem for 14 years and mentally launched hundreds of balloons. On a sad day it seemed to make it happier. Thought I would share the poem with all of you this year.
Post a Comment