Sunday, August 05, 2007

Couch Flying





Just a few images of my active little 2-year old while he's still two. I was just downstairs having a (rare) quiet moment, reading the Sunday edition of the Wall Street Journal in the living room. Gavin decided to start "flying" between one couch and the other. Most unseasoned parents I'm sure would discourage this but I've learned that it's futile with little boys. Threre's something about the liberty of the underpants and the tempting two-foot distance between the arm of one sofa and the soft, welcoming cushion of the other that makes it irrestistable. Plus, I'll admit it... It's Sunday evening, I've been fighting the fight all day long, and I'm exhausted! Let him have his thrill. At least I'm within close range if it all goes bad.

Oh, and I couldn't resist photographing Gavin's toenails. He begged me to paint them earlier when I was doing mine and Jolie's. When Dan balked I informed him that unless my news from the ultrasound tech tomorrow is that we're having a girl, I'll be painting the toenails of the next boy, too. He didn't say anything.

So tomorrow is a big day for us! Gavin turns three and we'll know some exciting news about our new addition... can't wait!

No comments: