
School starts a week from today. Not that I'm counting (cough) or wishing this wondeful summer away (cough) or anything like that...
We received a recorded message this morning from Jolie's principal, informing us that the class lists were FINALLY posted for all to see. They added a 1st grade teacher at the last minute so there are only 22 kids in her class (a large improvement from last year's 28). The good news is that Jolie has the new teacher and she knows a few of the kids in her class. A brand new teacher is always a crap shoot, but there's a particular 1st grade teacher with whom we have some experience and we were really hoping we wouldn't have to relive that nightmare. Whew! My prayers were answered on that one. Jolie was a little disappointed that some of her friends aren't in her new class but she's easy going and she makes friends easily so I'm confident that things will go well.
I'm going to miss Jolie when she starts 1st grade. Last year was perfect for all of us. She was home in the morning and then got to spend a couple hours of the afternoon at school. Her teacher was warm and nurturing and it was just what she needed. This year is going to be different. She'll be entering the cold harsh world of 1st grade: all day, expected to abide by the rules and regulations, tie her own shoes, do the lunch thing, play on the playground with the bigger (meaner) kids... it can be an adjustment. It will also be an adjustment for Gavin and I, we'll miss her.
1 comment:
Maybe the new teacher will be full of fresh energy and surprise you. Emme starts at the new preschool next week, which is actually more like kindergarten. Not sure how I will handle that.
Jolie will have no problem making friends, I'm sure. She's too cute for anyone to resist!
Post a Comment