Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I Love Autumn!


Isn't autumn the BEST season? Gavin and I returned from our morning walk a little while ago and the whole time we were out I was thinking about what a beautiful day it is. I hope this season lasts a very long, long time. The trees in the valley are changing, the air is crisp and there's a bit of a breeze but you can still feel the warmth of the sun on your face. A perfect fall day.

The kids and I also decorated the house for fall over the weekend. I'm not one who gets excited about decorating for every holiday and season but this is one that I pull the boxes out for. I like the fact that you can leave fall decorations out from the beginning of October until after Thanksgiving when it's time to deck the halls for Christmas. It seems worth the time and effort to have them up for a while.

I think Dan and I are going to Logan this weekend to celebrate my birthday. We did that a few years ago and it was so much fun. We took our bikes and rode around town, stopping in book stores and other shops, had dinner at the infamous "Bluebird" and stayed in a bed and breakfast. Logan is beautiful in the fall and just a little ahead of us. Since the leaves haven't quite started falling here, I'm hoping to experience one of my favorite sounds of fall: the sound of crackling leaves under foot (or tire).


2 comments:

Robin said...

Fall is nice, but I just can't shake the "icky" feeling I get every time it comes around because 3 of the last 5 falls have been spent puking. Hopefully I can get that out of my system and move on to enjoying what is actually a very nice season! Your house looks very festive.

The Oakridge Folks said...

I feel the same way about the fall season. But mine is even stronger.
My poem every day is:
"Fall, Fall, come and stay.
Come and stay until may."
Because I just don't like winter anymore.