Tuesday, October 30, 2007

MGM


We spent the day at Disney-MGM Studios. The Tower of Terror was the attraction we've all been excited about. Dan took the kids on his own since it's apparently not advisable for an expectant mother to free-fall 5 stories in an elevator. When I met back up with them, Gavin said that he liked it. He's since redacted his statement, saying that he actually didn't like it. I don't think he's decided yet.

Here are some of the other things we did today: we saw a great broadway-type Beauty and the Beast show (Tristan said it was the worst part of the day); we saw all the Disney celebrities in a big parade (you should have seen Gavin's face when the evil queen from Snow White approached him); Jolie got to dance with the performers in the High School Musical 2 show (again, Tristan says it was one of his least favorite parts of the day although I was watching him during the show and he was clearly mesmerized. I even caught him mouthing some of the words to the songs); we got a behind the scenes look at the making of The Lion the Witch and the Wordrobe (one of our favorite books and very favorite movies); and we saw a cool car stunt and special effects show (the fire and explosions were cool but an especially big hit with the boys... of all ages).

Tomorrow we're taking a break from all things Disney. Marriott has some Halloween activities planned and we hope to familiarize ourselves with the resort where we've mostly just been sleeping.

**Sorry for the sideways photos. Dan doesn't have Photoshop on his laptop so I can't edit them right now**




No comments: