
Saturday was quite a day for Jolie. We went to have her ears pierced and then she got to go on a $50 shopping spree at Toys R Us. Saturday night she got dressed up and went to see the play Little Shop of Horrors with Grandma. Three indulgences in one day!
Jolie has been earning stickers toward the ear piercing for the past few months by keeping her room clean. I've been at my wit's end with her messy room. I'll spend a good portion of a Saturday helping her get it organized and then within a few weeks it's back to being a disaster. So we came up with a chart and Grandma was in charge of dropping in from time to time to do room checks. Jolie didn't know when they would be so she made a special effort to leave her room in good shape when she left in the morning. The goal, ofcourse, was earning enough stickers on her chart to have her ears pierced. Let's hope the habit has stuck.
Jolie was also fortunate enough to win a $50 Toys R Us giftcard from Coldwell Banker who sponsored a coloring contest at school. She must be the lucky one in our family because we never seem to win anything! This will make two wins for Jolie in the past few months (the other being a pie-eating contest at the fair). Her picture turned out pretty cool. After looking at it I think she won because she added some things to the picture instead of just coloring it (stars and ghosts in the background). Hmmmm... I wonder whom she gets that creativity and artistic talent from????
Jolie loves musicals and was so excited that Grandma invited her to see Little Shop of Horrors. If we were wealthy and she were an only child, she and I would definitely have season tickets to the ballet and theater. It amazes me that she can sit still and pay such close attention at her young age. But then again, maybe that's because I spend so much time with little boys and they're so UNABLE to do those things!
1 comment:
Wow, what creativity!
Sounds like a great way to spoil her while she's the only girl in the family. I'm sure her world will be changing dramatically soon.
Post a Comment