Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tomorrow's the Day!

Just a quick post before I go to bed and hopefully get some sleep. Tomorrow's the big day. We'll be headed to the hospital in the morning right after we get Tristan and Jolie off to school. I've spent the weekend getting all our ducks in a row: working on school projects, typing up schedules and routines for those who will be here while I'm in the hospital, doing laundry, depositing money in the kids' lunch accounts, paying bills, organizing, picking up he house... and I finally just now packed a few things for the hospital.

I'm both anxious and excited. Truthfully, I'm a lot more anxious than anything right now. There's something about having done this before that makes me that way (i.e. I know what I'm in for...) Plus I have more to worry about this time. I'm being followed as high risk and I'll be wired up like a Christmas tree (EKGs and heart monitors). I'm also going to have an epidural. I should be looking forward to experiencing less pain than the last three times but somehow the epidural really has me scared. I hope that I know when the time is right, that I can get through the procedure without passing out, and that it will offer the sea of tranquility that it's supposed to. Everyone tells me that it's no big deal; I wish I could believe them.

On the bright side, we should have a sweet little baby girl sometime tomorrow afternoon! Can't wait for that!

3 comments:

Jill said...

It's 4:52pm and I'm hoping you've had your sweet baby girl!!!! Can't wait to hear the news!!
Jill

The Oakridge Folks said...

I think I was as worried and nervous as you. I am so blessed to have been there and see how smooth things turned out and how my prayers were answered.(I can say that since I wasn't the one having the baby)What a special experience and beautiful baby girl.

The Oakridge Folks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.