
Wow, so much to blog... so little time!
This is a very *rare* moment for me to sit down and try to catch up. The baby is sleeping, Gavin was invited to play at a friend's house, and I have a whole 30 minutes before the other two rug rats will be charging in the door like a couple of bulls in a china shop.
I took this photo this morning and now that I think about it, this baby looks exactly like Dan! It's not nearly as obvious when you see her in real life. Honestly, I think it's the expression on her face. Something about that serious, pensive look. Hmmm...
Things are going pretty well. Dan went back to work on Monday, that was a hard day as all the kids were home and I hadn't slept much. I had my first post-baby emotional outburst (as opposed to all the pre-baby end-of-pregnancy emotional outbursts) as I was sitting upstairs in the rocking chair nursing Mia and Dan was going out the door. If I remember correctly, the other three kids were running wild and arguing over something and I realized it was going to be a hard day. I was also supposed to take Mia into the doctor for a weight check. She still hasn't regained her birth weight so our pediatrician wants to keep an eye on her. I guess I was feeling a little overwhelmed.
The other thing I should mention is that Mia now seems to be going by Mia. Sometimes we call her Camille, sometimes Mia and most of the time "the baby". We like both of her names so I guess we'll see what sticks. Oh, and Grandpa D. keeps calling her "Shirley" because "she was early". But don't get me started on that...
Mia is sleeping pretty well other than waking up to eat every 2 hours or so. Two or three nights ago (can you tell that I'm living in a fog?) we went to bed about 10:30 or 11:00, she ate a couple times and then she and I were up at 2:00 am and I never went back to sleep. That was a rough night. I've decided that I must have eaten something that upset her and she was wanting to nurse to ease her discomfort. She was crying and kicking her legs like she was in pain. As soon as I got her settled down she'd be awake crying again. That's when I decided to kick my Diet Coke habit. And let me tell you, it hasn't been easy. There's probably no time in my life that I needed caffeine more than now and I've had to give it up. I guess it will be worth it if we can avoid any more nights like the one I've just recounted. I guess.
I'm going to try to upload some photos of Christmas today... stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment