Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Failed Photo Shoot


We were all home today and the sun (kinda) peeked through the clouds, so it was a perfect day for a photo shoot. I've been trying to get to this all week as I'm excited to get started on Mia's birth announcements.

After doing a few of these in the past, I've discovered that the fundamental ingredients in a successful newborn photo shoot are:

(1) Someone to help me so that the baby is positioned correctly and doesn't roll off the couch. And not just ANYONE will do. This is a highly specialized job. This person needs to be patient and needs to understand my need for perfection. They also need to be willing to sit under a heavy fleece blanket in the sun for a rather long time.
(2) Patience
(3) A south-facing window
(4) A sunny day
(5) A cooperative baby

Well, all of the ingredients were present today... except for #5! I guess we'll try again in a few days.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Look at Mia's cute rolls on her back!
I love the black and white look.
Jill

Robin said...

Wish I were there to "play". I know how it is when the only other adult in the house doesn't want anything to do with photos.
Can't wait to see the results next time. Good luck!

The Oakridge Folks said...

I think it takes a special grandma to help make it successful.