Saturday, May 03, 2008

Is Jolie a Meanie?


Jolie started spring soccer several weeks ago and this morning I finally got it together to take some photos. Jolie played with the same team last fall. When the snow started melting and the pink dragons came back to practice this spring, it became apparent that Jolie had caught the competitive spirit. I don't know what happened during the dark cold winter but Jolie is now a competitor! She goes after the ball and she's even made a few goals. Last year and even last fall Jolie was, shall we say, less aggressive. I made the suggestion once that she go after the ball and get it away from the opposing team. I'll never foret her reply, "Mommy!" "That's kind of mean!" That's when I realized that competitive sports may not be her thing.

Now I'm wondering... maybe the competitive spirit can be acquired.


2 comments:

Robin said...

That's good to hear. I've been rather worried about Emme since our last attempt to get her into competitive sports. She cried just about every time we took her to the soccer intro program at the YMCA.
Go Jolie!

Jill said...

Way to go, Jolie!!! I love the bright pink uniforms.