Friday, July 18, 2008

Proof that I'm Going Crazy

I can't believe summer is half over. We've been staying busy and it seems that I'm running from one thing to the next all day long. The biggest splurge of the summer has been my hiring a babysitter to come over at 8:00 every morning so I can go walking. Dan has been working a lot of hours at his new job and so my morning walk (a la solitude) has turned out to be very beneficial to my health.

And I'm not just talking about my physical health.

I did something the other day that provides tangible proof of my fragile mental state. After a few days of grungy hair I decided I simply MUST give it some attention. I got in the shower and talked Jolie into getting in there with me as her hair needed some attention, too. (Too much Cherry Hill isn't always a good thing). I also ended up bringing Mia into the shower with me as I was running late for something and figured that would save me a few minutes of bathing her downstairs in the kitchen. Long story short, after bathing three people, I got out of the shower and started to blow dry my hair. Something just wasn't right. My hair wasn't cooperating. Despite my efforts it wasn't drying at the roots. After wasting a precious 15 minutes with the hair dryer and my round brush I decided I must not have rinsed the conditioner out of my hair.

I ended up dunking my head under the bathtub faucet and starting over. Except by then I was out of time so I ended up going out of the house looking like a hag anyway.

Oh, and something else. What's with the women at the water park who come perfectly coiffed and made up? Makeup, earrings, hairspray, the works. What's with that? It makes the rest of us feel like hags regardless of what our morning routine has been like.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I must look like a big HAG everyday this summer. Spending days at the pool, no makeup, no doing hair is great for me. I don't know what it is about the women who come all dolled up. It must be for all of us to admire. My thought is why waist the time, especially here in Texas, you sweat makeup off 5 min. after you step outside!!

Robin said...

Exactly why I'm loving the hip enormous sunglasses; They pretty much cover my whole face and nobody knows whether or not I'm wearing makeup.
Does Jolie see you naked often?