
We spent last weekend at the cabin in Island Park, ID. Jolie and Gavin got a head start with Grandpa and Grandma on Friday. Dan, Tristan, Mia and I drove up after Tristan's football game Saturday night (arrived at 11:30 pm).
We took our mountain bikes and bike trailer and were able to do some biking while we were there. Tristan was as much of a speed demon as he was last year. Jolie made her biking debut this time around. Last year she was very upset that we made her ride in the trailer with Gavin after our first ride. She just wasn't strong enough to keep up with us. She's come a long way in the last year. We were on rocky, bumpy trails and she did fabulously! She got a little tired on our long ride to the brige but eventually made it there.
We also took a long (car)ride through the northern area of the park (Yellowstone) and saw some things we hadn't seen before. Some very majestic waterfalls, paint pots, gysers and a herd of elk. We told Grandpa that we'd pay him 100 bucks if he'd find us a bear but no cigar there (we did that in Orlando years ago and he found us an alligator!)
The weather was GORGEOUS! The kids spent hours playing on the dock; they collected minnows, water skeeters and played with the boats that Grandma brought for them to paint and float on the river. We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores at the fire pit. The kids watched the beginning 20 minutes of five movies. There was just too much going on for them to sit still.



1 comment:
Michelle,
Looks liek a wonderful trip. I can tell from all the smiles the kids had a grand time. Sorry I haven't called you back. I came down with an awful cold, and am going on 5 days of pure yucky!!! No fun!! Plus I hardly have a voice. When I do I'll give you a call. Still need to tell you my story from church.
Post a Comment