Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Little Twist


This is for all the moms who find themselves in a rut of ponies and piggies... this do is called the corkscrew braid. I found some inspiration here the other night when I was mindlessly surfing.

This summer has been a rut of hairdos for Jolie. It's been a braid or ponytail almost every day. (Either that or the unkepmt-uncombed-hair-hanging-in-the-face do which is coincidentally also the favorite of all of the Grandmas.)

While I'm on the subject of Jolie's hair I should tell you about HOW SHE CUT IT a couple weeks ago. I gave her the opportunity to stay home by herself for the first time EVER. I had to run Tristan to football camp one morning and I gave her the choice of coming with Mia and Gavin and I or staying home (for about 20 minutes). She said she'd stay home and apparently made a B-line for the scissors the minute I shut the door. I didn't notice until several hours later when I was doing her hair. I discovered some pieces that were cut almost to her scalp. Turns out she decided to give herself BANGS while I was gone. Nice.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love the braid!! I'll have to try that. Doesn't Jolie know that when you get to stay home alone is not the time to do something crazy!! Will she get to stay home alone again?:) At least it wasn't her entire head. Her hair is so beautiful long, I'm glad she just wanted bangs!!!