Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back under the Knife

For those who haven't heard: I'm headed back in for surgery this Wednesday because my routine cardiology appointment revealed that the lead going from my ICD into my heart has pulled loose.

Is it just me or has this all been a long string of bad luck? I still have a lot of sciatic nerve pain from my back surgery (six months ago). My recovery has been ten times harder than the first one, probably because I'd just had a baby and the nerve was re-injured. I've just recently been feeling like I was becoming a functioning person again. This was the last thing I was planning for.

Everyone keeps reminding me that I can't do anything about this so I may as well accept that it has to be done and think of the positive side. I've been dreading going back into the cath lab since I got my ICD. To be honest, it's my idea of what hell must be like. But I'm trying really hard to think of the positive!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Michelle, you had not told me this. When is this happening? I'm sure you are just sick about having to do this. Wish I was there to help you with everything. Please know I'm thinking of you!!!

Jill said...

I reread your post and see that it'a happening this Wed. I'll call you tomorrow morning.