Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cruel and Unusual

Well, I think I'm on my way back into the life of the living. Tonight my parents and sister were here and with them they brought food and hair styling equipment.

I was finally able to take a shower this morning and I asked Lisa to work her magic with the blow dryer and flat iron while she was here. I'm not allowed to raise my left arm for three weeks. No ofense to my sweet Dan but the flat top hasn't allowed him much experience with round brushes and flat irons. I'm sure he would have obliged it I asked, though. He's willingly done everything else for me.

So, it's official: I'm a human being again!

I came home from the hospital on Thursday and it's been a rough couple of days. I was in surgery for four hours and I swear, they put me through the torture chamber. Friday morning I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Every muscle from the tip of my scalp to my waist hurt like you-know-what. My throat has been swollen and sore, probably because they put an echocardiogram device of some kind down my esophogus along with the breathing tube. I also have a pretty large burn on my chest and I was told that was from their use of the external de-fib pads (ever seen E.R.?) which they had to use when testing my ICD and getting the paramaters set correctly. I'm still trying to figure out why my tail bone is bruised???

So, the deed is done. Let's hope that I don't have to set foot in h-e-double-toothpick again for a long time.

2 comments:

Robin said...

That's good to hear. The bruised tail bone does leave a big ???? though.
Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Kathy said...

Glad to see you're up to blogging! Hope your recovery is as speedy as possible and your children are being extra-good for you. Please let me know if you need anything!