Thursday, September 04, 2008

Une Rite de Passage


My little buddy started preschool today! Another rite of passage. A friend asked me if I cried, I didn't because he was so ready and so excited!

Ofcourse he's been waiting for his big day since the other kids went back to school. Yesterday a package was delivered from Old Navy with some jeans that I'd bought for all the kids. When Gavin found out it contained his new "preschool jeans" he ripped the box open and tried them on. He modelled them for me and jumped around in them. I gave him a bath last night and we talked about preschool. At bedtime he even listened to some preschool songs on his CD player, a CD that I normally can't get him to listen to (he prefers the "Cars" soundtrack and "Inside Out Primary Music").

This morning I awoke to Jolie and Gavin at the top of the stairs whispering. Gavin was wearing his new jeans and getting ready for school (even though preschool didn't start until 1:00).

His day seemed to go well. He had no problem separating from me and when Mia and I returned to pick him up, we watched through the two-way mirror and he was sitting in the circle with a big smile on his face. As we were getting in the car Gavin looked at Mia and asked whether she had cried for him while he was gone. (She hadn't but I told him that she missed him very much =).

1 comment:

Jill said...

What I want to know is how much you enjoyed just having you and Mia time that day?:) Glad Gavin loved school, and I agree he was ready!!