
Ok, it's the last day of November so I better do this...
Mia learned how to wave. We've known it's been coming but now she can hold up her hand and open and close her fingers. Every time Grandma comes by we walk her out on the porch and wave goodbye. For the past couple months I've seen the wheels turning in Mia's head but no wave yet. A couple weeks ago she was playing with the dishes in the dishwasher and when I pulled her away and closed the door, I said "bye bye dishes". Mia held up her hand. Now she can do the full wave.
She's not saying many words but she's understanding a LOT. While I'm feeding her, we play a game in which I ask her where my nose, my eyes, my hair, etc. are and she touches them. She also watches and imitates us. One day I found her with Jolie's hairbrush and she was trying to brush her hair.
Another of Mia's favorite games is peek-a-boo. It amazes me how excited she gets when I hide my face or go around the corner and pop out at her. You'd think it was the first time we'd ever played. Sometimes she gets my attention and then turns her head, looks away and then back again. She's definitely developed a sense of humor and playfulness these past few months.
This is such a fun age! This weekend I was going through the photos I've taken of the kids during the year and I realized how each new stage that Mia enters is better than the last.
4 comments:
I agree about this age being so fun. I forgot that even though it's wonderful having a new baby, it's so fun to watch them learn and grow. I love when they start waving!! So Cute!!
Hope all went well at your Thanksgiving event!!
I love that age. Good for you for savoring it. Pretty soon she'll be six, like my youngest. :-)
Mia is so cute to watch. Don't you wish you could push a "pause button" just for a short time and keep her at this stage a little while longer?
Post a Comment