
We celebrated Gavin's birthday with his friends, the superheroes. We had an obstacle coarse, a pinata, a game involving bean bags and rescue heroes, cupcakes, presents, and best of all, an impromtu battle with some villians (Catwoman, the Joker and Big Fat Ironman). Strangely, the three villains resembled Gavin's older siblings and one of their friends. We also made masks for each of the kids and Grandma used her superseamstress powers to make them each a cape.
Gavin's birthday fell on the windiest day of the summer. As the kids were finishing their cupcakes, there was an eerie breeze. I told them this often means there are villians nearby. Sure enough, the villians crashed our party and insisted that they were going to take all the cake and steal Gavin's presents. Lucky for us, there were granades (coolers full of water balloons) available to fight off the villians. The superheroes were able to win the battle and the evil villians left the party.
My favorite moment was when Gavin came looking for me about a half hour before the festivities began. I was in my closet trying to pull a costume together. I'd borrowed some things from my neighbor after failing to find an appropriate wonderwoman costume (everything I found had the word "sexy" before it). Gavin opened the door to my closet and the look on his face was priceless: wide-eyed and a BIG smile. My costume is a conglomeration of some things I had and some things I borrowed. I call it Spider Mom.






3 comments:
These are great pictures of Gavin's superhero party. I especially like SuperSpiderMom's costume. Looks like everyone enjoyed the festivities. You are so good at Themed events.
Grandma Susan
Can I just say this looks like the "Best Birthday Party EVER"!!! I also love Mrs. Super Spider Mom costume. You are so creative, and fun!!!! I love that all the other boys came in their superhero gear. LOVE the Invite!!! So cute!!! I really do think you are the most creative person I know!!!
WOW! Talk about SUPER party! I'm going to have to keep this one filed away for future boy birthdays, but I'm afraid mine won't even come close to yours.
The villan part sounded extra cool.
Post a Comment