
I've been meaning to post some photos of Gavin's first bus ride. We had some initial anxiety over the possibility of getting on the wrong one coming home (an idea that was put into our head by the same older brother that told us about the vampire that lives under our bed). Now the bus has become one of the highlights of kindergarten.
Mia and I were able to hitch a ride on the first day. My neighbor, Sarah, offered us a ride home from the school so we decided to ride along. I enjoyed watching Gavin and his friends bounce around in sheer excitement the whole way. When the bus pulled up to the school, Gavin walked ahead of me into class. I guess his anxiety was easily forgotten. I'm grateful to my friend Lara's kids who have taken care of Gavin on the ride home, since Tristan and Jolie aren't there to watch out for him and the ride home with the big kids is akin to throwing your barely-five year old to the sharks.
Our kindergarten routine includes eating lunch on the porch while we put on our shoes, comb our hair and sometimes brush our teeth while waiting for the bus. We like to push things to the limit around here, so this ensures it doesn't pass us by. Sarah and I established our own, unofficial bus stop directly across the street from my house and next door to hers. She's expecting a baby and I like convenience. The driver is new so we figured he wouldn't notice the change in address.
Mia LOVES the bus. She SCREAMS "gool bus!" whenever she sees one. I'm glad we took that ride the first day. She's a fan for life.



No comments:
Post a Comment