Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Take on Burlap


The makings of this wreath have been sitting on my kitchen island (technically, it's a peninsula) for over a month. Dan has been very tolerant. If he hasn't learned anything else over the last fifteen years, it's not to mess with my creative carma.

Anyway, here it is... bright and cheerful, just what I was going for. I really wanted to do something with burlap since it's everywhere (have you seen what people are doing with burlap?) I cut the fabric with Stampin Up's Big Shot- I told Lorraine I'd make her a wreath if she let me borrow it. I just need to find the right shade of ribbon and hers will be finished.

Today was the perfect day to hang my cheery wreath since it's SNOWING AGAIN. It's a good thing I have more fabric to play with today or I might be depressed (fabric makes me happy, snow in almost-May does not.)



2 comments:

Jill said...

I love it!!! I love how creative you are!

So sorry you're still getting snow. Sure hope it's your last snow storm.

Don't hate me when I tell you that
I had to turn on our AC tonight. It was 80 here today.

The Oakridge Folks said...

They turned out cute, wish I would have made one now.

This is the limit, no more snow.