Friday, November 05, 2010

Fall Biking



Dan and I went to Midway for my birthday. We rode our bikes around town, stayed at the beautiful Zermatt resort, and biked a trail near Soldier Hollow. This trail was gorgeous, it wound around the edge of Deer Creek Reservior.

After arriving home on Saturday the kids were dissapointed that we'd gone biking without them. We ended up taking them out that evening on the Legacy Trail. We've been biking there several times since. We pull Mia in the bike trailer and the rest of the kids go it on their own. Gavin has done a remarkable job, considering that he just got the hang of his two wheeler at the end of the summer and we ususally ride eight or so miles on the trail.

I don't know if we'll make it out again this fall considering that today was the end of daylight savings which will make it dark by 6:00. We also had an unfortunate accident with the bike trailer on our way home last weekend. Dan's tailgate wasn't closed securely and it went flying off the back of the truck. Dan jumped out and saved it before it was hit by another car but he tells me it sustained some damage. Hopefully not too much because we're really liking this biking thing.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Always secure your tailgate. I seem to remember a couple similar incidents with Dan's father. Drawers flying out of dressers from the back of the truck.

Bike while you can. I tried it on the beach last year and found that my stamina and energy had vanished while I wasn't looking.