Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Beginning of the End



It's Labor Day weekend, so I guess we can begin saying goodbye to summer. It's still plenty hot around here (in the 90's), but I've noticed a bit of a chill in the morning. That usually means the beginning of the end. Before we know it, there will be snow on the ground.

In honor of the end of summer, I asked everyone to tell me their three favorite memories of the Summer of 2006:

Tristan:
1. Boogie boarding in Corona del Mar (Newport trip)
2. Lagoon (amusement park)
3. Cherry Hill (water park)

Jolie:
1. Gavin's birthday party
2. Cherry Hill (but not the big scarry water slide that she SCREAMED all the way down)
3. Swim Lessons

Gavin:
1. "Lazy River" (Cherry Hill)
2. "Water Doggies" (he loved watching the sea otters in Monterey)
3. "Nemo Suit" (he loved wearing his bathing suit, whether on the Slip n Slide, in the swimming pool, or at the beach)

Me:
1. Playing with the kids and watching them dig for sand crabs for HOURS at Diver's cove (Newport trip)
2. Hearing Gavin giggle (in the stroller) as we ran through the sprinklers during Arts in the Park
3. Boogie boarding for the first time in 10 years
4. Watching Jolie dance in her summer ballet recital

Dan:

Dan must not have received the memo that it was summer because he says all he can remember about it is:

1. Working
2. Working
3. Working


1 comment:

Susan said...

WOW, What great looking grandchildren we have! It is hard to realize how much growth has occurred in one year. I enjoyed talking to each of them on the phone today. Gavin has changed the most and is really maturing. You will find he learns very quickly from the bigger siblings. Tristan and Jolie both look so grown up in their going to school clothes. I am sure they will be excellent students. Just hope they enjoy the experience. Actually, I didn't ride the school bus until 4th grade. My mama took me with her to Ivanhoe where she had her business, the beauty shop. In 4th grade, we changed schools and rode the bus for a couple years then back to Ivanhoe for last two years of elementary. Summer always passes quickly but I think we just view it that way because there are so many fun activities to keep us busy ( Vacations, swimming, being outdoors more etc.) and there are always many more activities planned . Of course school involves, friends, work and homework and that is not always fun. The pictures were really good and gives me an idea of the growth of each child. Glad Gavin is up to par on all his developmental skills. Tyler says "I know dat" quite a bit. He wants to come and visit me every time I talk to him on the phone. Will see all of them next Thursday through the weekend. Love, Hugs and Kisses, Grandma Susan