
Yesterday I helped with Jolie's Thanksgiving feast. The kindergarteners have been learning about Squanto and the first Thanksgiving. They got the rare privilege of eating in the cafeteria! This has been a much-anticipated event for Jolie. All week the kids have been working on their costumes. They died macaroni for Indian necklaces and decorated their Indian headdresses and Pilgrim hats. They each got to choose which costume they wanted to wear to the feast (this year the Indians were much more numerous than the Pilgrims).
One of the kindergarten teachers told me that a sixth grade class walked by the cafeteria as she was bringing her kindergarteners in. She said you could hear the sixth graders in almost a group sigh, "Ooooohhhh..." as they watched the little kids. It was as if they were all fondly remembering their own kindergarten Thanksgiving feast years ago.
I'm glad I got to be there. I'm sure Jolie will remember this for some time.
1 comment:
Jolie makes a very beautiful Indian princess like Pochontas or Sacajawea. Glad you made the Pilgrim and her picture together depicting the truce that began and allowed the feasting together. What President sanctioned the holiday??
Post a Comment