Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What's up with the Toothfairy?


The toothfairy has been making frequent visits to our house. Jolie yanked her front tooth out on the 4th of July and then her brothers helped the other one come partially out a few days later. They were down on the floor wrestling (what, people roughhouse and wrestle in this house? really???) and one of them head-butted her on their way up. It pried one corner of her remaining front tooth loose so it was hanging a bit slanted. I have to say that I was glad to see that one go a few days later. Dan had to do his dental-floss trick to help her with it. Thank goodness for Daddy. I made them go upstairs and I was still cringing and doing deep-breathing until she came down with the tooth in her hand. That kind of stuff is just NOT for me.

Tristan twisted another loose tooth out on Saturday so we had a lot of surprises for the toothfairy Saturday night. Unfortunately, she didn't come. We're not sure why, but there was a huge wildfire raging in Southern Utah along the I-15 corridor so we think maybe she wasn't able to fly that night. Dan told Jolie he didn't think the toothfairy would come on the 4th because of the fireworks, so all the teeth were saved until Saturday. What a disappointment that she didn't come. Fortunately she made good on her responsibilities Sunday night. This is a photo of the letter that Tristan wrote to her.



"Dear Toothfairy,
I twisted my tooth out on the 4th of July. My dad thought you would get killed in fireworks so I had to do it today. My dad pulled out another tooth today.
Sincerely,
Jolie
P.S. Tristan wrote this note and he has a loose tooth."

(Note to self: Practice spelling with second grader during summer vacation!)

No comments: