Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back in the Life of the Living!

Yes, it's true... Michelle is back in the life of the living!

I'd like to apologize to all of my blog admirers (numerous as they are) who have been disappointed my my absence over the past 2 1/2 months. I'm sure they've all gone elsewhere for their entertainment by now.

The good news is that I'm back, literally, to the life of the living! I can't tell you how hard May and June were for me. It was really, really bad. For those who have been through this horrible sickness, you know that it's more than just throwing up here and there. Let's just say that my life has been completely dysfunctional and it's a miracle that we made it through. The blog is only a small example of what I've neglected the past eleven weeks because I've been focused on one thing and one thing only: surviving through the day.

I would have loved to post some cute photos of the 4th of July, kids holding sparklers and all that, but I'm afraid the 4th holds another significance for me this year: it was the last time I threw up. Strangely, I'd like that to remain my memory of the 4th... Dan pulling over on our way to an Independence Day breakfast so that I could vomit in a vacant lot on the side of the road. It's only a good memory because it was the last and final time. I'm determined for it to be!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm still here. Glad to hear you gave new meaning to "Independence Day"! Unfortunately I know how dysfunctional life can get, but now I've got the reward (spitting up on me at the moment). You'll get yours soon. When's the ultrasound?
Welcome back!