Sunday, October 14, 2007

Birthday Get-Away


Dan and I spent Friday night and Saturday in Logan. The weather didn't cooperate but it was fun nonetheless. Dan booked us a beautiful room in a bed & breakfast which was very relaxing. We took our bikes but didn't end up riding them because of the gray, drizzly weather. I got just a few shots of the beautiful fall color when the sun decided to peek through for a few minutes. We took our time coming home and found a little restaurant that a friend recommended. Dan was very sweet to arrange everything, it was a nice birthday gift and a memorable get-away.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The bed and breakfast sounds like the perfect getaway for a busy couple. Our trees are turning but leaves are falling quickly. We still have had no rain, this is our driest season, I can remember. The Carolinas are talking about water rationing.
I will be in Williamsburg for a week and so will contact you after that. Most of my time will be relaxing and visiting friends and enjoying the sites. Don't plan on much in way of parks etc. Very unstructured trip and on short notice so still have to pack in the morning. May see Mike Smith on Thursday. He is going up to meet Mary's man friend who is a preacher and lives in Shenandoah valley. More later, Susan