Sunday, December 02, 2007

Let's Go Bowling!



We celebrated Tristan's birthday on Friday. We've learned over the years that the week of Christmas is no time to celebrate a kid's birthday. I'll never forget the year he turned three and I was so excited to have a party with his friends. Not a single solitary child could come. We ended up going to McDonalds with Grandpa and Grandma and Aunt Lisa.

Due to the season and the nature of 8 year old boys, we decided to have our party somewhere other than my house. I learned that lesson at Tristan's 6 year old Army party in which chaos, mayhem and destruction ensued.

The bowling party was a hit. We had 11 kids, including Gavin and Jolie. The boys were able to be their loud, wild, crazy selves and it was fun. We bowled, ate these cupcakes that I saw in a fancy cookbook at Sur la Table, and opened presents. We gave prizes to the kids who ended up with the highest and lowest scores. Gavin, by the way, bowled two strikes. Thank goodness for gutter guards!

Oh and thank goodness for Grandma, Dan and Aunt Lisa who helped me with the party. I don't think it would have been quite the success without them.




1 comment:

Robin said...

Darn! I've been in the mood for bowling, sorry I had to miss it.
As for the name...Noel is my fave from the list, but without the list I still vote for Miah:)