Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Rambling thoughts from someone who laid awake all night

I spent the day wrapping gifts and doing the last of my Christmas preparations. My mom, who I'm sure has sensed my stress and anxiety over the last couple of days, offered to take Gavin so that I could get some of this done. I even sloughed off a PTA meeting at Jolie's school in order to make the most of my time (I hope they forgive me).

I've been feeling a bit... overwhelmed... trying to handle the already insane Christmas season as well as getting ready to have a baby on Monday. The toughest part is that daily life occupies at least 90% of my time. How can a person do anything "extra" when their life is consumed with working, entertaining an insecure three year old, cooking, cleaning, answering phone calls, mountains of laundry, hosting three-year-old playgroup, volunteering in the classroom, driving carpool, making playdough figures for 3rd grade diaramas, checking division problems, listening to Jolie read Junie B. Jones, making cookies for the neighbor's funeral, preparing for Friday's den meeting, refereeing sword fights between someone wanting to fight and someone trying to do math homework, and sweeping up spilled cereal?

And yes, next week we add a newborn to the mix...

But at least tonight there's a chance I might actually get some sleep because I know that my Christmas gifts are wrapped and ready to go. We'll worry about the rest next week.

5 comments:

Jill said...

4 more days! Oh My!!! I look forward to seeing you and your baby girl next week. Good luck with your weekend. I hope you can get some good rest before the big day.

Anonymous said...

I could feel your anguish from across the country!!! I have been thinking of you and wishing we could be there for for you and Dan. You are an amazing person Michelle.

Your TN friend,
Kathy

Robin said...

Is it selfish of me to be glad that your baby is coming just in time for the Holidays and the opportunity to meet her?
I don't have a thing wrapped for Santa and he'll be coming about 30 seconds after the girls get in the car Monday morning:)

The Oakridge Folks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Oakridge Folks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.