Thursday, January 17, 2008

1 Month


Today Mia is one month old! She's getting very close to flashing us a smile. We've noticed that she watches our lips when we talk to her and a few times she's taken on a very serious look and tried to move her own lips into a smile. She hasn't quite got there yet but it's likely to happen any day.

I still remember the first time Tristan smiled. I was on maternity leave from my job and I'd spent many days and nights caring for him and getting used to the rigors of motherhood. The day he first smiled at me I knew it was all worth it.

3 comments:

Jill said...

The first smile is the best, Can't wait to hear about it. I love when they first start focusing on the lips trying to figure it out. It's so cute!!!

The Oakridge Folks said...

I saw a little one starting the other day when I was holding her. It was almost like she was going to say "You make me happy" Mom

Susan said...

What a difference a month makes. I certainly enjoy seeing the pictures of the daily happenings on Hilda Drive. That snow is really great. Ours is usually wet and slippery. Yours is fluffy and light. More fun for the kids, I am sure. I missed our 5+ inch snow but still have some on the ground under the little green trees. It has been cold here but not too bad. I am just going through lots of e-mails but wanted to check the blog to catch up. GM Susan