Well, I'm scheduled to have surgery on Thursday. I never thought I'd actually look forward to being sliced open but I am. The mylogram showed a pretty bad herniation of my disk at L5 S1 (what did I tell you?) which explains the horrid pain. I basically have disk fragments and inflamation sitting on my sciatic nerve. I talked to a woman from church who's had the same injury and the same surgery and she compares the pain to what you get when you bump your funny bone and get that sharp, almost electric nerve pain in your arm. Well, that's what this is except is starts at the lower back and goes all the way down the back of my butt and leg all the way to my pinky toe. All the time. It's horrid. So you can see why I'd do anything, including being sliced open, to have it end.
I was going to try to report some news off this subject but I can't think of any. This is pretty much our life right now. I'm going to get out and party big time when it's over. I never thought that something simple like running an errand or going for a walk would seem like such a privilege. I can't wait to get back to my normal life.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Such trials help us appreciate some pretty simple things. I wish we didn't have to go through them, but then I guess we wouldn't learn the things we need to I suppose.
Good Luck this week as you prepare for Thursday. So glad to know you will be doing good soon. Happy times are just around the corner.
Good luck! I bet your family is excited to have you back too.
Post a Comment