Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Starting to Thaw


The sun has been out the last couple of days. We haven't had snow for a whole 6 days! I took this photo a couple of weeks ago to show how much snow we had. I haven't been outside for a while but I think it's starting to melt off.

I had the mylograph and CT on Wednesday. It wasn't pleasant but I got through it. They had me lie face-down on a table while a radiologist guided a needle into my spine. They injected contrast (dye) into my spinal fluid so that the structures would show up better on the CT.

The worst part of the whole deal was that I had to lie flat for the rest of the day because there's a good chance of getting a spinal headache after people mess with your spinal fluid. I hadn't counted on this, as Tristan's drama performance was that evening. I wasn't sure how I was going to go as I've been house-bound since my injury, but I was determined to go and at least see his number. It was a really big deal to him. It was very dissapointing to have to stay home. Mia and I layed on the family room floor while everyone else went to the performance. Fun, fun.

Tristan didn't give me a hard time when I told him I couldn't come, but I happened to see his journal entry he next day. His teacher must have asked the class to journal how they felt about their performance. He wrote, "I felt good because we did a good job. My grandparents said 'good job!'. I felt sad because my mom couldn't come." It broke my heart when I read that.

2 comments:

Robin said...

So do you have the results yet?
Sorry to hear about Tristan's sad day :(

Jill said...

Wow, I'm amazed at how much snow you have.