Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crockpot Lasagne

It's rare for me to post a recipe but I need to share this one. Did you know you can make lasagne in your crock pot? I was skeptical but it turned out great! More importantly, it was easy. No boiling noodles or waiting for your oven to preheat while your kids are foraging around in the pantry, telling you they're hungry. I should have taken a photo when I made this last night but I had some of those hungry children to attend to.

CROCKPOT LASAGNA

8 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 tsp. (or more) Italian seasoning
28-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup water
4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, optional
15 oz. low-fat ricotta cheese (can also use cottage cheese)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef, drain. Stir in Italian seasoning. Break noodles into thirds. Place half in bottom of greased crockpot. Spread half of ground beef mixture over noodles in crockpot.

On top of beef, layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 of water, 1/2 of mushrooms (opt.), 1/2 of ricotta, and 1/2 of mozerella cheese. Repeat all layers.

Cover. Cook for 5 hours on low.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds good. Can you use regular noodles or the pre-cooked ones?

Michelle said...

Use regular uncooked noodles! The water from the other ingredients cooks them.

Jill said...

I can't wait to try this!

Melinda said...

This sounds so great. I am printing it out right now. My fam loves lasagna, but it is more work than I am willing to do, most days at least.

I think this will replace our old stand-by: taco soup.

Feel free to share more recipes. We would all benefit from your culinary talents! (I speak from solid book club experience. -I love it when you host.)