Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Frontrunner


This week Dan's parents have been visiting from Virgina. Yesterday we all took an exciting trip on our new commuter rail train, Frontrunner. We rode it to Salt Lake and then made our way to Temple Square to see the gorgeous spring flowers. We had dinner at the Garden restaurant which offers a beautiful view of the city, and then we made our way back home. It was a fun excursion even though there were four million people riding the train with us. I enjoyed seeing the completion of the commuter rail project as it was in the early planning stage when I worked for UTA seven years ago. It was also exciting for Gavin as we've been watching the practice runs for months and talking about the day when we'd finally get to ride.




1 comment:

Jill said...

I didn't realize the rail was done. I thought it still had years to go. I have always loved the April flowers at Temple Square. Looks like a fun day.