
Mia is so happy! She spends her days smiling and playing. She's also starting to use her hands. If I put her teething beads into her little fists she can raise them to her mouth and chew for a few minutes. She also loves to kick when she's excited. I'm usually greeted first thing in the morning by a smiling, kicking baby.
I should say that I'm greeted IF Tristan doesn't go in and get her out of bed first. Mia has definitely assimilated well into our family. Tristan likes to see her before he leaves for school so he takes any grunt or peep he hears on the baby monitor as an invitation to get her up. It's very sweet but sometimes creates stress for me as Dan has long since left for work and I'm always very busy getting the kids ready for school, making lunches, finishing homework, trying to appease Gavin "I want oatmeal!" "I hate Wonder Pets!" "I'm DOOONE!" (from the bathroom)... and ofcourse Mia wants to eat the minute she's awake. If only I had ten hands.
We're still not completely sure about Mia's eye color. It's still a mix of blue and brown (somehow I have a feeling they're going to end up being brown.) Ofcourse she looks like Dan but more and more people are telling me that she looks like Jolie. I really see her resemblance to Jolie in her eyes and nose. Mia was featured as the first grade show-and-tell a few weeks ago. Jolie was thrilled to finally be able to show Mia off around school. I arrived with Mia a few minutes early while Jolie was in the lunch room. I was immediately swarmed by little girls (I think a few boys, too.) She was the envy of the class during show-and-tell.
I think Mia is fascinated by Gavin more than anyone else. Last week I was sitting at the computer in our office while Dan was holding Mia. Gavin jumped up and tapped Mia on the arm and she laughed! We weren't certain that she'd truly laughed so we asked Gavin to do it again. Sure enough, Gavin was responsible for Mia's first laughs. (Makes sense... it must be pretty hilarious to watch a miniture person jump and run around all day long, not to mention hit people with swords, hulk gloves and light sabers and climb all over everything).
**It makes me a little sad to write this today because Gavin has been very sick. He's been running a very high fever (over 104) since Monday and is not at all himself. I'm sad to see my usual active, happy little buddy so sad and lethargic. I hope he's back to is usual self very soon**
3 comments:
I feel like I haven't seen a picture of Mia in forever. She does look like Jolie!! She's darling. I love the dress she's wearing. 4 months has gone by fast. Molly is 8 months Tuesday, crazy!!! Can't wait for these 2 cute babies to play this summer.
Cute!!!
I hope Gavin gets feeling better.
I think her eyes will be brown -blue fades, brown doesn't.
You are pretty lucky.
I see a lot of Jolie also. If she looks like Jolie at all, she'll be a doll.
Hope Gavin feels better. We had a week of high fevers with Grant last week. Hopefully it's just a pesky virus.
Post a Comment