Sunday, April 13, 2008

I've been tagged

by my friend, Melinda. I'm supposed to tell you 7 interesting things about myself and then tag some of my friends.

1) I'm double-jointed. I can bend my thumb backwards and nearly touch my forearm. I can also hyper-extend my elbows and knees.

2) I was an exchange student in France during college. I spent one summer in the Loire Valley and the next with my French sister, Sophie, in Grenoble (French Alps). I also minored in French.

3) I was once hypnotized on stage. This was also during college... wow, those were the days.

4) I have several dozen eggs in my freezer. I was able to get them for .19 a dozen because I had coupons that coincided with a sale (long story). When I brought home 12 dozen eggs Dan looked at me like I was looney. When I announced that I planned to freeze them (yes, in the shells) his expression went from puzzled to panicked.

5) I rarely have time for TV but I do love my TiVo. I have the entire Masterpiece Theater Jane Austen series recorded right now but I've somehow been unable to watch any of it. It seems that when I do have a bit of time to watch TV, I'm too brain-dead to watch Jane Austen. I usually end up watching Good Things Utah or Larry King or something else that requires zero brain power.

6) As a child I dreamed of becoming a flight attendant. This seemed like the most glamorous job in the world. Looking back, much of the allure seems to have been connected to the uniform. Remember the day when a flight attendant wore a navy suit, a white blouse, high heels, and most importantly, the elegant silk scarf? Somehow it just doesn't seem right for the woman serving my drink to be wearing a golf shirt and khaki shorts.

7) Finally, I've made it to the age of 30-something without learning to drive a stick shift. I tried a couple times but those attempts just ended in frustration (and a long line of cars behind me at a stop light).

So there you have it, seven interesting facts about yours truly.

Now... I'm tagging Jill and Robin.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Does it really work to freeze eggs whole like that? Ken's grandma would freeze them in ice cube trays(without the shells of course).

This was fun to read. Thanks for playing tag.

Michelle said...

OK, for all of you out there wondering about the eggs... I used some of my frozen eggs for the first time last night and it didn't work out quite as nicely as I'd expected. The whites were fine but the yolks froze into balls and then didn't go back to their watery state. This made for some weird scrambled eggs. Now what to do with 11 more dozen...