Friday, April 11, 2008

Look What Mia Found


Mia has been trying to get her fist since the day she was born. I'm pretty sure she sucked on it in-utero but since she came out she hasn't been coordinated enough to keep her hand to her mouth. Well, yesterday she suceeded and look what she found!

Mia is our first thumb-sucker. Tristan and Jolie both loved their passy but I think the thumb is going to be great! No searching for it in the dark after it falls out in the middle of the night... no picking it up off the dirty floor. It doesn't calm her all the time but it's certainly nice to have a baby who can try to soothe herself.

Don't you also love the way she shoves it in her mouth all the way to where her thumb joins her hand?

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yup, the thumb has been this mommy's best friend too. I'm just not sure how I'm gonna take it away. Any ideas??

Robin said...

She looks so serious. Did you try taking it from her just before the picture or something? I wouldn't mess with that look!

Melinda said...

I'm with Robin. I was just thinking that she has the look of "Don't bother me. I'm busy with my thumb."