Friday, May 16, 2008

More Birthday Fun


Happy Birthday to my big SEVEN year old!

I woke up this morning with party hang over. But silly me, it was Jolie's birthday! She requested eggs and toast on the birthday plate. I nearly told her that she'd already got all the birthday attention I was prepared to give her(and it was only 8 a.m.). Fortunately Dan didn't have a hang over so he obliged.

Did I ever tell you my story of May 17th of last year? I don't think I did because at the time I was lying on the floor moaning.

I was sooo sick. It was the kind of sick that you NEVER forget. From the end of April until the middle of July I pretty much wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Sitting here with Mia now, there's no question that it was all worth it.

But still! It was bad.

I spent last May 17th alternating between lying on the bathroom floor (vomitting) and lying on my bed (trying not to vomit). I remember Jolie coming in to ask what we were going to do for her birthday. Honestly, I didn't have anything planned for her birthday as she had kindergarten in a few hours and we were having a HUGE luau the following day, complete with elaborate invitations, tiki torches, dinner and hula dancing (see what I mean about me and parties?)

I guess Jolie didn't get the memo about THAT being her birthday celebration. I told her that maybe we could do something special before school but I needed some time to try to feel better. A while later I received a hand-delivered note that was addressed "here". Inside she reminded me that it was her BIRTHDAY and asked what was my PROBLEM in not showering her with ATTENTION??? I kept the note. I'm thinking that horrid, horrid, morning sickness is probably genetic so someday it will be a nice conversation piece between her and I.

Truly, there's nothing wrong with a girl who loves to be showered with love and attention on her special day, right?

Happy Birthday, Jolie!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Michelle,
I must be having a delay in your posts. Yesterday I saw Jolie's birthday party post, but not this new one. Today I see the new one but it says you posted it Friday. Strange! I love the sweet note story. I remember you telling me that. Aren't you so glad it's this year, and not last year!! Having finally had morning sickness with a pregnancy, I get it now. So awful, thank goodness we have these darling babies out of it.