
Ok, I probably spoke too soon when I reported that Gavin was doing well. He's been up in the night SCREAMING the last three nights. I spent much of last night on the floor of the nursery singing primary songs in order to soothe him. We put him in there with our big humidifier because someone suggested it might help.
The strange thing is, Tristan's tonsillectomy (at age 3) was EXACTLY the same. He did remarkably well for the first few days and then started screaming in the night about 4 or 5 days in. Everyone in my family remembers this because we spent part of that time at our family cabin. Tristan was NOT a favorite nephew on THAT trip.
When I was dealing with Tristan's post-surgery trauma I was told they develop scabs in their throat which get really dry and painful.
I knew things were too good to be true. Gavin is also way too hyper and active during the day to take a nap, so I get to deal with the side effects of a sleep deprived kid as well. Happy day!
1 comment:
I remember that cabin trip. Hope the scabs heal soon.
Post a Comment