
I don't know that I've ever looked so forward to book club. I will be taking my copy of A Thousand Splendid Suns and checking out of this joint in exactly 42 minutes. But who's counting? Melinda, don't be surprised when I show up on your doorstep at eight o'clock on the dot. And don't be surprised if I'm the last to leave (but I guess that wouldn't be anything new.)
So why so much anticipation you ask? First, I loved the book. Anyone who's read it will understand. More importantly, I love the thought of getting out of the house tonight. It's been nine intense days of summer vacation (again, who's counting?)
Since Monday I've been daydreaming of what tonight will be like: nobody asking for a snack, no wiping ketchup off the kitchen chairs, no breaking up quarrels, no dropping whatever I'm doing to run a kid here or there, no picking up after some aborted science experiment, no threats, no violence... just calm, intellectually-stimulating conversation and snacks laid before me.
Ahhhhhh... 33 minutes and counting.
1 comment:
Michelle,
I, too, was counting the minutes.
I hope bookclub was everything you hoped it would be.
I had a great time.
Post a Comment