Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Boo Crew



We had such a fun Halloween! Thursday night we attended Tristan's school Halloween carnival, and ofcourse, Friday night was the main event. Tristan and Jolie were very specific about what they wanted to dress up as. Gavin wanted to be just about everything I mentioned. We finally found this amazing knight costume and he was sold. Thursday evening I took Mia on a walk in the stroller and Gavin came along, dressed to the nines. We had several honks and waves from passers-by, including a biker who came up behind him as he was prancing around, waving his sword bravely in the air, and said "Trick or Treat!".

Our sumo wrestler went trick or treating with three other boys. It was quite a taste of freedom for him to be on his own between 6:30 and 9:00, covering as much ground as possible. My mom and dad came over to answer the door and when they left at around 8:30 to go home, I suggested they drive by some of the houses up the hill from us that were decorated to the hilt. My mom called a few minutes later to tell us that she saw Tristan and his friends sitting in the rain watching a movie and eating their candy in the driveway of a home that had a scary movie projected on their garage door. Dan and I had actually ran into him near there when we were out with Gavin and Mia (couldn't miss him, even in the dark). He came home right at 9:00 with an impressive haul of candy.

Our little vampiress also chose to trick or treat with a friend. We didn't go last year because we were in Orlando, so the kids have made a big jump between hanging with us and wanting to experience the excitement with their friends. Jolie went with her friend Julia and Julia's dad who was going to "walk behind them, just to make sure they were safe" (Julia's description). We also ran into Jolie while we were out. It was dark and difficult to identify people, but we recognized Jolie by a certain tell-tale scream (Jolie said they were being hyper). They were coming up the hill in the dark, on the opposite side of the street and in the opposite direction. I'm amazed that I recognized her by her scream, but then again, I've heard that scream many, many times before(keep in mind that Jolie is sandwiched by two mischievous brothers).

Thank goodness for our knight in shining armor who still wanted to hang out with Dan and I. Gavin was a delight and the highlight of Halloween. He was so excited and in awe of every bit of the whole experience. He stopped to look at every decoration, he wanted to know who lived at every house, he admired all of the other costumes... he savored the whole experience. Dan and I took Gavin on foot and our little caterpillar in my jogging stroller. Whenever someone complimented Gavin on his costume he pointed out Mia who was behind him in the stroller and he was sure to explain that she was dressed up as a caterpillar. He even asked some for an extra piece of candy "for his baby sister".

Needless to say, we have quite a boat load of candy around here. Dan and I have been rationing it over the past two days and somehow, I'm the only one who's complained of a stomach ache.



1 comment:

Jill said...

Love all the costumes!!!! So great!!! You look just beautiful in that photo with cute Mia!!! Glad you had a fun night!