I only have one thing to say this morning: I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS! I know a lot of people are feeling refreshed and at peace with the universe because they got an extra hour of sleep this weekend. I am not one of those people.
Are mine the only kids who were up at five a.m. this morning? Are mine the only kids who are incapable of allowing others to sleep when they're awake? Apparently so, because we contine to practice daylight savings in this country.
Does anyone know what happens to a four year old after he gets up at five a.m. for a couple of days (or even one for that matter)? He becomes overstimulated, grumpy, and basically a mess. The only way Gavin or any of my three older kids would take a nap, by the way, is if I put them in a dark closet in a straight jacket and sat on them. In some places they consider that child abuse, so I doubt that I'll be doing that. Putting them to bed an hour early is out of the question because tomorrow morning they'd be up at four a.m. instead of five a.m.
Does anyone know who will end up paying for this? You guessed it: ME. That's why I'm thinking of moving to Arizona where they don't practice this stupid thing.
Monday, November 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm with ya!!! I've been all mixed up yesterday and today. Arizona sounds good, they have warm winters!!!! Love that!!!
Sorry, my kids all slept in...
But I would move to Arizona just for the heat. My feet are freezing right now...
Post a Comment