Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spouting Horn



After yesterday's wild adventure we decided to spend the day close to home (did I just call this our home? Wishful thinking). This morning Lisa, Mia and I made another trip to Costco for some essentials and Dan took the other kiddos to the pool. We have the coolest pools here at our resort. They're the same type of black-bottom pools that we had in Maui and the water is filtered from the sea. The water feels very soft and tastes slightly salty. There are multiple levels to the main pool and a bridge that you can pass under. There's also a "relaxation pool" for those who are into that sort of thing. I don't know much about it, you'll have to ask my Diva sister about that one. I'm sure it's very quiet and serene without children or other distractions to ruin your day. My favorite is a secret little kiddie pool that's RIGHT on the ocean. There's a row of lawn chairs there, one end touches the edge of the pool and the other edge sits against a railing that drops off to the ocean. If wishes were fishes, I'd be there by myself with my book from sunrise to sunset.

Tristan prefers the ocean to the pool. There's a big swell right now on the South shore so I'm a little nervous about him going in the water without Dan or myself. This afternoon he spent some time exploring the rocks. He was trying to catch a crab with the bottom half of a soda can. He was rather annoyed at my attempt to photograph him doing so.

We headed over to Spouting Horn before dinner. It's very close to where we're staying. We drove through Koloa town where I ran to get some groceries a few days ago. I've decided that I want to move here and open a little grocery store. We could make a fortune selling pancake mix and peanut butter to visitors from the mainland (then again, maybe it really does cost $8 to import a small box of pancake mix to the most remote island chain in the world???) In any case, I'm trying to figure out what we could do for a living if we decided to move here permanently.






4 comments:

Michelle said...

Lara:

Please tell Abby that I'm a third of the way through the book. Why does she want to change it? It's actually good. Glad your cupcake thing went well. Reading about it was the first time I wished I had been home. Don't worry about Duke- I'm sure all was fine. Are you celebrating Spencer's bday without us? Gavin will be sad.

Sorry for the weird msg on here- I don't have access to my email. Lisa says no more benefits of FB without joining. What's she trying to do to me?

Jill said...

She's trying to get you to join FB. It is addicting at first finding old friends, but then it wears off and you check it only once a day.:)
I've decided Hawaii suits your family well. You sound relaxed in all your posts. Hopefully you've had some personal R and R while there. I want Lisa to take a picture of you and Dan togther, maybe sunset in background!!!!

Robin said...

It's smart to document WHILE you are on the islands!
As for living there, I think you just gave me an idea for places to research dental statistics- and I've never even visited.
We'd probably get more visitors there than OH.

Lara said...

i've read a ton the past 2 days and i have almost finished the book.
i agree with jill. get a picture oh you and dan. that would be nice.
we are having spencer's b-day party today at chuck e cheese. we talked about waiting for gavin but spencer just couldn't wait a single day. he wanted to have his party right on his b-day. i hope some people come.
it seems like you have been gone forever. i'm glad you are having an amazing trip. i'm excited to hear about your and lisa's excursion down the coast. i especially hope you are able to retrieve your picture.