
Between the recent death of Michael Jackson and today's shopping trip to Justice for Girls, I've found myself reminiscing of the glorious 1980s. Have you been to your local tweenie clothing store? Never in my wildest dreams did I think these hiddeous fashions would EVER come back. Guess again. And the little girls LOVE them (as much as we did).
My camera has been shipped off to the Cannon rehab clinic in Virginia so I can't show you what Jolie and I bought this afternoon. My favorite is the hot pink and black zebra striped "arm warmers" (remember those fingerless gloves?)with the silver chains. Jolie had to have them and she's been wearing them most of the day. We also bought hot pink knee-highs with sequined peace signs, peace sign jewelry, hot pink leopard print tights, a hot pink vest, and the swimming suit we went in there for. The kids' HSM2 performances start next week and she needed the suit as part of her costume.
I've been watching a lot of the news coverage about Michael Jackson. His music is like a soundtrack to my adolescence. My girlfriend, Lori, was a Michael Jackson maniac. She even wore one sequined glove on her (left?) hand. That was a little extreme for me but I did (and do) love his music and I still love to see him perform. RIP, M.J.
2 comments:
Am I dreaming or are you seriously updating about normal life? YAY!!!
A friend on facebook mentioned the crazy 80's styles at Justice. Wish I still had all my clothes from the 80's, it would save so much money. Although my girls haven't really been asking for that style. In fact I've only been into Justice once and thought it was way over priced. What did you think? I agree with MJ. Had the record! Do you remember his Super Bowl performance years ago? I remember it being so amazing! The most shocking thing to me was learning he was 50. Haven't kept up with him over the year. MJ 50??? That just seems crazy!
Looking forward to visiting with you when I get out there.
Last winter I saw some pointing toy knee high boots that looked like they came straight out of 1985. Scary isn't it.
Post a Comment