Monday, July 13, 2009

July 4th Catch-up




We spent the morning of the 4th at Grandma and Grandpa's carnival and breakfast. The kids love this carnival as they have an old-fashioned dunk tank, a High Striker game where you swing the hammer and try to ring the bell at the top, inflatables to bounce on, air-brushed tatoos and plenty of other fun. The kids and I each took a turn sitting in the dunking chair (yes, me). Jolie did it over and over. I should have listened to her when we were leaving the house and she asked for a towel (I told her she wouldn't need one, underestimating how wet a bucket of water can really make you).

In the afternoon we decided to see Up at the theater. Grandma came over to sit with Mia while she was taking her nap, which was a huge gift to me. I haven't sat all the way through a movie in years.

We were big old party poopers the evening of the 4th, didn't go to see fireworks or anything. I actually worked in the yard, pulling some of the thousands of weeds that took over the front flower beds while we were in Hawaii. The kids came out and did a little bit of helping and a little bit of playing. Jolie sang and danced to her HSM2 CD, showing me the dances in her play. It was a little difficult to watch our neighbors having a big patriotic barbeque and party, and we started to hear fireworks when we came in. We put the kids to bed amidst much whining and knashing of teeth. They did manage to watch part of a firework display from the boys' window after going to bed.



No comments: