
I started my day in the garden, thinking I'd just go out and check on things. Before long, I had a counter full of tomatoes and then plans to spend the day canning. I finished at 11:00 pm. I can't believe that at one time, people were actually dependant on preserving their own food for their survival.
26 quarts divided by 12 hours of my time equals some pretty valuable stewed tomatoes. I've ordered this book to make my efforts more rewarding. Every recipe uses a quart of home-canned tomatoes.
As for now, I'm just sitting here admiring them.
3 comments:
Aren't those jars so pretty all lined up? I always feel so industrious canning stuff from my garden!
I'm admiring them too and all your hard work!!!
I'm proud of you for your efforts. They are beautiful.It's a Good thing your young. I could not stand all that time canning anymore.
I guess watching me and your Grandma
De Bloois taught you a worthwhile skill. Love You.
Post a Comment