
This week we've had some beautiful Autumn days close to 70 degrees. Ofcourse all good things must come to an end, and in the case of our weather, it's usually from one extreme to another. The forcasters have been warning of a big change, so we decided to enjoy the sunshine while it lasted. We joined Grandma on one of our favorite trails for a walk.
Yesterday was one of those days of urgency in which we all knew we'd better get certain things done or we'd regret it. I caught a glimpse of my neighbor doing the last of her fall cleanup at 8-something in the morning when I got Tristan off to school. Throughout the day I saw people out doing the necessary chores of fall. On our way home from parent teacher conferences we saw some neighbors on their roof putting up Christmas lights! It didn't make sense until I realized they were saving themselves an icy climb later in the season. It was a busy day and we didn't get a chance to start raking the leaves and pods off the lawn until dusk. So while the rest of the neighborhood was out in their yards during the day, we were outside raking leaves in the dark. It wasn't bad though, it was still pretty warm and the kids played a fun game of "Ghost in the Graveyard".


No comments:
Post a Comment