Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tristan's Baptism


Tristan's baptism was yesterday afternoon. It was a very special day for him and for our family. Dan baptised Tristan and Grandpa D. confirmed him. There were two other children who were part of the baptism, so it was very special.

Jolie and a couple other children sang a song during the program called "When I Am Baptised." These are the lyrics to the song:

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.

I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.

I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

Tristan's primary teacher gave him a beautiful journal to record his thoughts about the day. He made his first entry in the car on the way to dinner. When I was tucking him into bed last night he showed me what he'd written. Among other things, he said that he felt very special after his baptism. I know this is a day that we'll all remember for a very long time.



1 comment:

Robin said...

Congratulations Tristan! What a great day! I wish we could have been there.